Sunday, February 3, 2013

VW campers

Our nephew celebrates his second birthday today, so I grabbed the chance to sew him one of my favorite hoodies.

The hoodie was inspired by another Van Ikke applique. I also found this great camper knit at the local market, which matched the applique perfectly.




I can't get enough of this pattern. It's so versatile! This time I added some green strips on the sleeves. I'll definitely do that more often, since it's an easy way to give the sweater a nice accent.


Together with a little toy camper, this should make a nice present for our 2-year old nephew!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! The applique and camper print are so great together. The raw-edge stripes on the sleeves are a fantastic detail also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! This is every little boys dream, for sure.

    ReplyDelete