Sunday, October 5, 2014

Autumn colors

We are currently having the most beautiful Indian Summer here in the Netherlands. If not for the changing colors and crisp mornings, you could think that it's the end of summer instead of fall. So it's not really time for hats yet. Nevertheless, I wanted to share this hat that I knitted last year, if only for it's beautiful autumn colors.
This is the Luuk hat, a free and simple pattern found on Ravelry. By alternating rows of knitting and purling, you get this fun ribbed hat. It has a lot of stretch, so it fits all of the kids, and even fits me. Let's see who will grab it most often this winter.
I used multicolored yarn, turning from magenta to green, teal and gold, with a deep blue undertone. 
Similar colors as these autumn flowers (Ceratostigma plumbaginoides) that brighten up our garden these days...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Saskia! I knew that you were a stellar seamstress but I did not know that you knitted!!! We are kindred spirits.

    Love the hat and especially love winter layers that can be worn by both me and my kids:)

    ReplyDelete