Sunday, December 18, 2016

A colorful omni tempore



My son's wardrobe was getting a bit monotonous, and since he will usually wear anything I make him (unlike his big sister), I decided it was time to do some bold color-combining.
So I took a dive into my fabric stash and reappeared with a blue, yellow and pink knit, some teal and orange ribcord. Finally I found the patterned fabric that was used for his Stylo outfit, and that combines all the other colors.
I chose the Omni Tempore sweater, by Sofilantjes, a Dutch pattern designer with a line of fun (unisex) patterns. A nice pattern with a hood and cowl option. 
I had sewn the hooded version before, and wanted to try out the cowl version this time. 
I sewed a size 9 for my tall 6-year old. It's quite roomy (it fits perfectly on my 8-year old daughter), but thanks to the sleeve cuffs and bottom band, it doesn't look too oversized. 
The photos were taken near some characteristic buildings and in a churchyard. Unfortunately, my son was not his usual cheerful self, hence all the cropped photos ;-) 
It's a beautiful location, that I also used for the Stylo photoshoot. So fun to see how much he has grown in the meantime.
The new sweater is a hit. my son has worn it for days in a row now. He loves it and so do I. 



5 comments:

  1. Gedurfd voor een jongen, maar zooo mooi! Hier is het de dochter die enthousiast is, de zoon jammer genoeg veel minder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tja, ik vind al dat blauw en grijs zo saai. Gelukkig houdt mijn zoon van kleur (incl roze), dus draagt hij dit met plezier.

      Delete
  2. Heerlijk hoe jij altijd buiten de lijntjes kleurt! Prachtige unieke sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankjewel! Dat vind ik nou juist het leuke van zelf kleding maken, dat je je niet hoeft te houden aan conventies en je eigen stijl kunt volgen (en vormen)

      Delete
  3. Oh heerlijk, mijn zoon zou er ook verliefd op zijn!

    ReplyDelete